We encourage all members of the community to engage in free-ranging discussion, but it needs to be on-topic, respectful and constructive.
Do not post material that is:
- abusive, threatening, defamatory or obscene. We want to discuss ideas. We don’t want discussion to degenerate into personal attacks.
- offensive, discriminatory or inappropriate in other ways. We don’t want racist or sexist abuse, for example, or discussion that is inappropriate for children.
- fraudulent, deceptive or misleading. Do not hide behind an alias or pretend to be anyone else. Do not post something that is intentionally misleading.
- in violation of any intellectual property right of another, such as copyright.
- advertising; an offer to sell any goods or services, or conduct or forward surveys, contests, chain letters, spam or any other unsolicited commercial message.
- encouraging academic misconduct. We don’t want posts linking to essay writing services or other services encouraging academic misconduct
- in violation of any law or regulation.
We reserve the right to remove any posts without notification that violate our Terms & Conditions and Community Guidelines.
Repeat offenders may be blocked from contributing, and The University of Melbourne accepts no liability for any loss arising out of or in connection with any such removal.
The views represented on DemocracyRenewal.edu.au do not necessarily reflect the opinions or ideals of The University of Melbourne, its employees or affiliates. The University of Melbourne does not endorse opinions posted on the website and is not responsible for the accuracy of all content.